Afghan Forces Will Soon Switch to Offensive Stance: Official | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

Afghan Forces Will Soon Switch to Offensive Stance: Official

The Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF) will switch their operations to an offensive mode in near future, a top security official said as Taliban has been taking over territories in the last two months.

Over the last two years, Afghan forces have been on a defensive stance few times. The first time they agreed to be on a defensive mode was in 2019 when the government agreed to avoid offensive operations against the Taliban as part of efforts to move the peace process forward. Last year, defense officials said the security forces are in an “active defensive mode” that allows them to take action against the Taliban whenever they attack a security outpost or a base.

Talking to TOLOnews on Saturday, Gen. Abdul Sattar Mirzakwal, the acting minister of interior, said the Taliban is seeking to takeover supply routes, but the security forces are planning to thwart such attempts by the group.

Referring to the fall of districts to the Taliban, Mirzakwal said that war management issues are the main reason behind the ongoing situation.

He called on all Afghans to mobilize against the Taliban.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA